Sunday, March 16, 2014

Day Eleven

Yesterday morning, Jordan and I had planned to go for brunch before he had to leave for work around 12:15. True to form, I woke up a little late and didn't leave much time to play the waiting game that is Saturday brunch in Providence. After being told it would be the standard 45 minute wait at Julian's, we turned and ran; vegan options or not. 

We headed down the street to The Grange, the sister restaurant to The Garden Grille in Pawtucket (remember the Mac and cheese?), which I have been to a few times but was never really impressed with. We walked in and sat right away. I asked a few questions, and we ordered. I got the fried oyster mushroom po'boy on a pretzel bun, hash browns with vegan dill sour cream, and a green juice made with kale, cucumber, apple and lemon.


I am so glad I did. Everything was delicious and I took half home to bring with me for dinner at work.

Fast-forward to this morning. I was hungry, a little cheese-deprived depressed, and decided to try out making a grilled "bacon" and "cheese" on a bagel. That counts as breakfast, right?


The "bacon" looked a little strange, but after I cooked it up in a pan with olive oil, it tasted surprisingly bacony. My mistake was adding "cheese". I got greedy. I should've stuck to a toasted bagel with a side of bacon.



I took a few bites before I realized I just was not into it. I ate a couple sweet potato fries and into the trash my valiant effort went. An apple with almond butter it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment