Monday, March 10, 2014

Day Five

I woke up feeling a bit better today and when my dad asked if Jordan and I wanted to go for an early dinner, I jumped at the chance and suggested we go to The Garden Grille in Pawtucket. A 100% vegetarian restaurant, with almost everything on the menu having the option to be made vegan, I figured it was a great spot for us to get together. Jordan was skeptical at first, until he saw the butternut squash quesadilla on the menu and he was sold. 


That, ladies and gentlemen, is gluten-free and dairy-free macaroni and cheese with broccoli, mushrooms, brown rice pasta, vegan cheese sauce and Daiya brand non-dairy/tapioca-based "cheese". OH MY GOD. It was rich, buttery, cheesy, and delicious. I've been coming to this place for seven years and I've always seen it on the menu and had been meaning to try it and I'm so glad I did. That little cup you see in the left corner is the Crazy Weech smoothie, which is chocolate soy milk, banana, and peanut butter. Milkshake swap much?


For dinner, I stopped by Whole Foods and picked up a thin crust pizza dough, Daiya pepperjack flavored shreds, and Lightlife pepperoni flavored seitan. Cooked it up with some veggies along side a bacon, fresh mozzarella, pepper, mushroom and onion pizza for my boyfriend and his mom. They not only enjoyed their pizza, but both tried and liked my vegan version! Yay!


No comments:

Post a Comment