Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Day One

After work today I decided I needed to hit Whole Foods and stock up on some better food options after the Tofupups incident last night. I promised my roommate I would never become one of those "freezer vegans", eating only pre-made, overly-processed, and meat replacement type foods.


Follow Your Heart Vegan Gourmet: This cashew-based "cheese" has been around for ages. I used to use it to melt over the top of my favorite vegan stuffed shell recipe. It actually melts! It doesn't taste exactly like cheese, but it's one of the better brands I've tried.


Earth Balance: Vegan butter, plain and simple! For cooking, for bread and bagels.


Go Veggie Chive and Garlic Cream Cheese: I really like bagels. It's just like cream cheese, but dairy free and way less salty.


Boca Chick'n Patties: These have been a staple in my diet for a long time, whether I'm eating meat or not. They're delicious! I eat them plain with hot sauce or cut them up and put them over a salad for some texture.


SoDelicious Coconut Milk Fudge Bars: These are new to me, but I am such a huge fan of the SoDelicious coconut milk chocolate "ice cream", I just had to have them.


Daiya Cheeze Lover's Pizza: Okay, now I'm looking like a junk-food junkie. I bought this to try out next time we have pizza at my boyfriend's house so I can get in on the fun. And let's face it dudes, sometimes you just need to eat pizza.

I'll update once I've tried the new-to-me stuff, and I'll break out my DSLR soon, I promise.

1 comment: