Friday, March 21, 2014

Day Sixteen: Vegan Ranch Dressing

Fueled by the hangover of the century and boredom, I took another tour through the vegweb recipe database. And guess what I found? That's right. VEGAN RANCH DRESSING. I knew I had to have it.


What you need:

1/2 cup vegan mayonnaise (Nasoya Nayonaise)
1/2 vegan sour cream (Tofutti brand)
1/2 cup non-dairy milk of your choice (I used almond)
3 tsp red wine vinegar
1 bunch fresh dill, chopped
2 tsp onion powder
2 tsp garlic powder
Salt and pepper, to taste

What you do:

Mix it up. Yes, I'm serious. It's that easy.


The verdict? It looks like ranch. It smells like ranch. It actually TASTES like ranch. I'm so excited to use this as a vegetable dip, salad dressing, in wraps and sandwiches and even with vegan pizza. Yum.


I also went grocery shopping. I was pleasantly surprised to find a huge variety of the things I've been making special trips to Whole Foods for at my local Stop and Shop. 

Noteable items:

Amy's Kitchen Gluten and Dairy-free Mac and Cheese
Tofutti Pizza Pizzaz
Lightlife Smart Dogs Jumbo
Tofurkey Honey Smoked 'Turkey'
Boca Original and Spicy chick'n patties
Nasoya Nayonaise
Tofutti Better Than Sour Cream

I'm excited. And, I spent about 40% LESS than I have previously spent grocery shopping as a dairy-loving carnivore. So, for all of you that think being vegan is too expensive, think again!

No comments:

Post a Comment